My research focuses on one consequence of the digital revolution: the pervasiveness of digital traces we leave behind us.
I study how we relate to these traces, how we can control them but also how they can enrich our lives. Ongoing projects
include: leveraging traces to develop and improve our digital skills by reflecting on past experiences,
enabling users to better understand the traces they produce and developing tools to better control how traces are used.
In the past years, I have explored these questions in the context of Biology laboratories, studying how researchers
capture, re-visit and reflect on information (see my dissertation).
- Jun. 2016 - AC for NordiCHI 2016
- May. 2016 - FUI Grant accepted, on Activity Based Computing in teaching settings
- Feb. 2016 - Two posters presented at CSCW 2016 by Adam Rule and Karen Boyd, with Jim Hollan.
- Jan. - Apr. 2016 - Teaching UX Design in the French MOOC on Information Architecture .
- July. 2015 - Jury member for the final year projects of DSAA Villefontaine.
- Jun. 2015 - Paper with Adam Rule, Karen Boyd and James Hollan accepted at CogSci 2015 - Restoring the Context of Interrupted Work with Desktop Thumbnails.
- Jun. 2015 - AC for IHM 2015
- Jun. 2015 - AC for AutoUI 2015
- May 2015 - CNRS PEPS Grant accepted to work on visualizations to explore physical and digital library collections.
- May 2015 - Taught the lecture on UX in the French MOOC on Information Architecture .
- Spring 2015 - Grant on Supporting Digital Skill Development submitted to ANR, with Yannick Prié and Sylvain Malacria
- Mar. 2015 - Joining the international relations committee of the lab.
- Fall 2015 - Contributed to the first book in French on Information Architecture.
- Sep. 2014 - Organizing UmiX with the Information Architecture Masters of Lyon, the theme is redesigning physical and digital libraries.
- Sep. 2014 - Participating to the Dagstuhl Seminar, Augmenting Human Memory, Capture and Recall in the Era of Lifelogging.
- Sep. 2014 - Invited to present at Living among screens, an international philosophy colloquium organized by Mauro Carbone.
- Aug. 2014 - Paper with Simon Stusak accepted at Infovis 2014: Activity Sculptures - Exploring the Impact of Physical Visualizations on Running Activity
- Aug. 2014 - Position paper with Amaury Belin and Yannick Prié accepted at DI 2014: Supporting the Development of Digital Skills
- Jun. 2014 - AC for NordiCHI 2014
- Feb. 2014 - Doris Hausen presented our paper on Evaluating peripheral interaction
- Nov. 2013 - Part of the WiP PC for TEI-2014
- Oct. 2013 - one selected
- Oct. 2013 - Part of the workshop jury for CHI-2014
- Oct. 2013 - Submitted a Google Research Award Proposal with Jim Hollan and Zhuowen Tu from UCSD; not selected but we're still working on the project
- Oct. 2013 - Presented our note on object and occlusion management on tabletops at ITS'13
- Aug. 2013 - Submitted a note to CHI'14 with Alexander Wiethoff; not in :(
- Sep. 2013 - Started in Lyon as Assistant Professor
- Aug. 2013 - Submitted paper to TEI'13 with Doris Hausen and Andreas Butz
- Jun. 2013 - Consulting on Active Reading and digital pen.
- May 2013 - Co-organized a workshop at CHI 2013, Avec le Temps! Time, Tempo, and Turns in Human-Computer Interaction with John Thomas, Pan Yue, Thomas Erickson, Eli Blevis and Catherine Letondal
- Jan. 2013 - Part of the Video showcase jury for CHI-2013
- Nov. 2012 - Part of the workshop jury for CHI-2013
- Nov. 2012 - Presented TIDE at the FITG in Lille (video)
- Oct. 2012 - Sonja Rümelin and Gilbert Beyer will present "Towards a Design Space for Non-Flat Interactive Displays" a position paper co-authored with Fabian Hennecke, myself and Andreas Butz at the ITS'12 workshop Beyond Flat Displays
- Sept. 2012 - Projects from ITU on digital pens for tabletops and device composition ready for submission.
- Sept. 2012 - Paper on occlusion and object management on tabletops submitted.
- Sept. 2012 - Wrapped up teaching Interaction Design with A. Wiethoff and Introduction to HCI with F. Echtler
- Spring 2012 - AC for NordiCHI 2012.
- Apr. 2012 - Ebbe S. Andersen our bio-partner from the Biomolecular Design Lab in Aarhus is presenting the eLabBench at FNANO'12, the 9th Annual Conference on the Foundations of Nanoscience.
- Apr. 2012 - Started working at the Media Informatics/HCI group of LMU in Munich.
- March 2012 - Left the IT University of Copenhagen and the pIT lab after more than two amazing years.
- Jan. 2012 - Presented the eLabBench project to Arkitema architects
Jan. 2012 - We submitted our paper on NoxDroid to CHI WiP (paper, poster). rejected :(
- Jan. 2012 - We will present our paper on the deployment of the eLabBench at CHI 2012.
- Dec. 2011 - Tim Kindberg work on augmented crowds was published as an official ITU technical report with the whole team as co-authors: Mesh Mobs. Virtually augmented crowds (pdf).
- Nov. 2011 - Our paper on the eLabBench, with Juan David Hincapié Ramos, Morten Esbensen and Jakob Bardram received the Best Paper Award at ITS 2011!
- Oct. 2011 - We showcased the work we do in the pITlab during Copenhagen's Culture night and got awesome participation, pictures here.
- Sept. 2011 - Exploring the Design Space of The Rabbit.
- Sept. 2011 - Our work on the eLabBench discussed in Version 2, the danish IT magazine. More coverage in videnskab.dk and Aarhus University science portal. Now also in Aarhus Stiftstidende (regional newspaper).
- May 2011 - GridOrbit – An Awareness System Supporting the Adoption of a Volunteer Computing Infrastructure, with Juan D. Hincapié Ramos and Jakob Bardram presented to CHI2011, we got an honorable mention!
- Spring 2011 - Proceedings co-chair for CHI'11 with Max Van Kleek and Nirmal Patel
- Our work on hybrid notebooks for the classroom was accepted at Interact 2011 - with Sylvain Malacria, Thomas Pietzak and Eric Lecolinet.
- Fall 2010 - Teaching Pervasive Computing course at the ITU with Jakob Bardam
- Fall 2010 - AC for CSCW'11
- Sept 2010 - Ubicomp Demos 2010 co-chair.
- Sept 2010 - The Mini-Grid project was presented to the Danish minister of research during her visit at ITU by J. Badram.
- July 2010 - We presented our DIS 2010 Note in Århus, Designing for the Invisible — Techniques for User-Centered Design of Infrastructure Awareness Systems, with Juan David Hincapié Ramos and Jakob Badram.
- 2010 - Proceedings co-chair for CHI'10 with Nathalie Riche
- Nov. 2009 - Started working as a postdoc in the PITlab, at the IT University of Copenhagen.
- November 2009 - Thesis defended. Supporting lightweight reflection on familiar information
- 27 Novembre 2009 - Soutenance de thèse au LRI.
- June 2009 - Co-organizing the Parisian CHI video showcase, with Fanny Chevalier and Olivier Bau.
- March-September 2009 - Post-doc at Telecom Paris Tech with E. Lecolinet
- April 2009 - Co-organizing Interacting with temporal data workshop at CHI 2009.
- 2005 to 2009 - Thesis at in|situ| with Wendy Mackay, INRIA and Université Paris Sud.
- show all news