My research focuses on how information technology (re)shapes research practices, specially in life-sciences. I am investigating novel interactive tools for the laboratory of the future. And focus currently on tools that aim at making faster iterations and smoother transitions between idea/hypotheses generation, experimental testing and analyses.
My dissertation (pdf) focused on the reflective practices of researchers and how to design tools to support them.
- Working on TeslaUI: wireless and battery-less phidgets.
- Co-organizing a workshop at CHI 2013 , Avec le Temps! Time, Tempo, and Turns in Human-Computer Interaction with John Thomas, Pan Yue, Thomas Erickson, Eli Blevis and Catherine Letondal
- Mar. 2013 - One paper in, one out for Interact. We will be presenting TIDE: Lightweight Device Composition for Enhancing Tabletop Environments with Smartphone Applications at INTERACT 2013. The paper is based on Léo Sicard's thesis advised by me and Jakob E. Bardram on an idea from Juan David Hincapié-Ramos.
- Jan. 2013 - Part of the Video showcase jury for CHI-2013
- Nov. 2012 - Part of the workshop jury for CHI-2013
- Nov. 2012 - Presented TIDE at the FITG in Lille (video)
- Oct. 2012 - Sonja Rümelin and Gilbert Beyer will present "Towards a Design Space for Non-Flat Interactive Displays" a position paper co-authored with Fabian Hennecke, myself and Andreas Butz at the ITS'12 workshop Beyond Flat Displays
- Sept. 2012 - Projects from ITU on digital pens for tabletops and device composition ready for submission.
- Sept. 2012 - Paper on occlusion and object management on tabletops submitted.
- Sept. 2012 - Wrapped up teaching Interaction Design with A. Wiethoff and Introduction to HCI with F. Echtler
- Spring 2012 - AC for NordiCHI 2012.
- April 2012 - Ebbe S. Andersen our bio-partner from the Biomolecular Design Lab in Aarhus is presenting the eLabBench at FNANO'12, the 9th Annual Conference on the Foundations of Nanoscience.
- April 2012 - Started working at the Media Informatics/HCI group of LMU in Munich.
- March 2012 - Left the IT University of Copenhagen and the pIT lab after more than two amazing years.
- Jan. 2012 - Presented the eLabBench project to Arkitema architects
Jan. 2012 - We submitted our paper on NoxDroid to CHI WiP (paper, poster). rejected :(
- Jan. 2012 - We will present our paper on the deployment of the eLabBench at CHI 2012.
- Dec. 2011 - Tim Kindberg work on augmented crowds was published as an official ITU technical report with the whole team as co-authors: Mesh Mobs. Virtually augmented crowds (pdf).
- Nov. 2011 - Our paper on the eLabBench, with Juan David Hincapié Ramos, Morten Esbensen and Jakob Bardram received the Best Paper Award at ITS 2011!
- Oct. 2011 - We showcased the work we do in the pITlab during Copenhagen's Culture night and got awesome participation, pictures here.
- Sept. 2011 - Juan and I presented our paper written with Jakob Bardram at Ubicomp: Mediated Tabletop Interaction in the Biology Lab - Exploring the Design Space of The Rabbit.