My research focuses on one consequence of the digital revolution: the pervasiveness of digital traces we leave behind us. I study how we relate to these traces, how we can control them but also how they can enrich our lives. Ongoing projects include: leveraging traces to develop and improve our digital skills by reflecting on past experiences, enabling users to better understand the traces they produce and developing tools to better control how traces are used.
In the past years, I have explored these questions in the context of Biology laboratories, studying how researchers capture, re-visit and reflect on information (see my dissertation).
- Capturing and visualizing activity to mitigate interruptions with A. Rule and J. Hollan.
- Understanding data physicalization with Simon Stusak from LMU.
- TUIsla: wireless and battery-less phidgets + rapid fabrication.
- Novel visualizations to explore physical and digital library collections, with the French National Library School and biin.
- July. 2015 - Jury member for the final year projects of DSAA Villefontaine.
- Jun. 2015 - Paper with Adam Rule, Karen Boyd and James Hollan accepted at CogSci 2015: Restoring the Context of Interrupted Work with Desktop Thumbnails.
- Jun. 2015 - AC for IHM 2015
- Jun. 2015 - AC for AutoUI 2015
- May 2015 - CNRS PEPS Grant accepted to work on visualizations to explore physical and digital library collections.
- May 2015 - Taught the lecture on UX in the French MOOC on Information Architecture .
- Spring 2015 - Grant on Supporting Digital Skill Development submitted to ANR, with Yannick Prié and Sylvain Malacria
- Mar. 2015 - Joining the international relations committee of the lab.
- Fall 2015 - Contributed to the first book in French on Information Architecture.
- Sep. 2014 - Organizing UmiX with the Information Architecture Masters of Lyon, the theme is redesigning physical and digital libraries.
- Sep. 2014 - Participating to the Dagstuhl Seminar, Augmenting Human Memory - Capture and Recall in the Era of Lifelogging.
- Sep. 2014 - Invited to present at Living among screens, an international philosophy colloquium organized by Mauro Carbone.
- Aug. 2014 - Paper with Simon Stusak accepted at Infovis 2014: Activity Sculptures - Exploring the Impact of Physical Visualizations on Running Activity
- Aug. 2014 - Position paper with Amaury Belin and Yannick Prié accepted at DI 2014: Supporting the Development of Digital Skills
- Jun. 2014 - AC for NordiCHI 2014
- Feb. 2014 - Doris Hausen presented our paper on Evaluating peripheral interaction
- Oct. 2013 - Presented our note on object and occlusion management on tabletops at ITS'13
- Sep. 2013 - Presented TIDE: Lightweight Device Composition for Enhancing Tabletop Environments with Smartphone Applications at INTERACT 2013. The paper is based on Léo Sicard's thesis advised by me and Jakob E. Bardram on an idea from Juan David Hincapié-Ramos.
- Sep. 2013 - Started in Lyon as Assistant Professor