My research focuses on one consequence of the digital revolution: the pervasiveness of digital traces we leave behind us. I study how we relate to these traces, how we can control them but also how they can enrich our lives. Ongoing projects involve : leveraging traces to develop and improve our digital skills by reflecting on past experiences, enabling users to better understand the traces they produce and developing tools to better control how traces are used.
In the past years, I have explored these questions in the context of Biology laboratories, studying how researchers capture, re-visit and reflect on information (see my dissertation).
- Nov. 2013 - Part of the WiP PC for TEI-2014
- Working on TeslaUI: wireless and battery-less phidgets.
- Working on Physical Visualization of information with Simon Stusak
- Oct. 2013 - 2 ANR proposals submitted
- Oct. 2013 - Part of the workshop jury for CHI-2014
- Oct. 2013 - Submitted a Google Research Award Proposal with Jim Hollan and Zhuowen Tu from UCSD
- Oct. 2013 - Presented our not on object and occlusion management at ITS'13
- Aug. 2013 - Submitted a note to CHI'14 with Alexander Wiethoff
- Sep. 2013 - Started in Lyon as Assistant Professor
- Sep. 2013 - Presented TIDE: Lightweight Device Composition for Enhancing Tabletop Environments with Smartphone Applications at INTERACT 2013. The paper is based on Léo Sicard's thesis advised by me and Jakob E. Bardram on an idea from Juan David Hincapié-Ramos.
- Aug. 2013 - Submitted paper to TEI'13 with Doris Hausen and Andreas Butz
- Jun. 2013 - Consulting on Active Reading and digital pen.
- May 2013 - Co-organized a workshop at CHI 2013, Avec le Temps! Time, Tempo, and Turns in Human-Computer Interaction with John Thomas, Pan Yue, Thomas Erickson, Eli Blevis and Catherine Letondal
- Jan. 2013 - Part of the Video showcase jury for CHI-2013
- Nov. 2012 - Part of the workshop jury for CHI-2013
- Nov. 2012 - Presented TIDE at the FITG in Lille (video)
- Oct. 2012 - Sonja Rümelin and Gilbert Beyer will present "Towards a Design Space for Non-Flat Interactive Displays" a position paper co-authored with Fabian Hennecke, myself and Andreas Butz at the ITS'12 workshop Beyond Flat Displays
- Sept. 2012 - Projects from ITU on digital pens for tabletops and device composition ready for submission.
- Sept. 2012 - Paper on occlusion and object management on tabletops submitted.
- Sept. 2012 - Wrapped up teaching Interaction Design with A. Wiethoff and Introduction to HCI with F. Echtler
- Spring 2012 - AC for NordiCHI 2012.
- April 2012 - Ebbe S. Andersen our bio-partner from the Biomolecular Design Lab in Aarhus is presenting the eLabBench at FNANO'12, the 9th Annual Conference on the Foundations of Nanoscience.